Monday 11 May 2015

Elena

I have been working on this for at least two months but have quite enjoyed it and I am reasonably pleased with the finished piece. Just before I retired I thought about the types of paintings I wanted to do when I had all this free time! Apart from developing quite a few ideas I did think I would like to do a series of straight portraits. Generally speaking, at this time, most of the people I mixed with were teenagers and people my age. So I decided to produce a series which I thought of as “Old Gits and Young Things” This is the first and the model is the delightful Elena.
The composition and background owes a lot to the artist Walter Brems.  http://www.walterbrems.be

I’m not sure who the next one will be in the series but I am being pestered by one of the “Old Gits” to do his next! Watch this space….
900mm by 600mm


A couple of close-ups.


No comments:

Post a Comment